. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

“This is only the Beginning”

Today was my first full day at my place in Philly J My parents drove me and my roommate down yesterday. After a little job hunting and "one last lunch" with mom and dad, Sydney and I spent the rest of the day unpacking and reorganizing our room. What a beautiful thing Friendship is.




Last Sunday I went to Lords Valley Community Church, the church I have spent most of my pre-college life in. Sydney came with me. At the end of the service we went to ask the pastor and others to pray for our journey. It was a beautiful time I would like to recount briefly some of the encouragements and blessings we received.

After being anointed with oil, they began to pray. We were encouraged to take a bold step into India/our ministry, to be like Spartans in the battle (spiritually), to stay connected, our friendship will be (it already is) invaluable to us. We must remember that we are going in the Authority of God at all times. When one of us is weak or struggling, the other must be strong. One woman touched our hearts, asking for sensitivity and godliness, then our ears, asking for attuned hearing of the Lords voice . The other woman prayed for me in particular, laying her palm firmly on my head, asking that my mind be healed and clear to discern the voice and will of God, that I would be able to distinguish the spiritual happenings and know the Shepherds voice, that my once so attuned and attentive ear would return. It was spoken over Sydney that she would bring healings in the Lords name, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, both in India and when she returns to the States. "This is only the beginning for you two" God has many plans, countries, and people for us to touch with His darkness and fear expelling Light. India is only the beginning.
All of these words are good to hear. They sharpen our focus and bring joy to our hearts. I am excited to see what comes next!
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. God hears them and honors them, and we need them.


Peace,
Katrina



Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right or to the left.



  • Isaiah 30.21



No comments:

Post a Comment